Thursday, May 15, 2014

Life Rules and Laundry

Hmmm...some people upon entering a room with a similar view, would have a strong desire to organize! This pile would be put into categories of either color, room it goes into or person it belongs to (*cough! "The Professor"). They would tackle this task with purpose. Some would walk away and find a magazine to read. 
I'm a little of both.


There is a fine line between taking care of what needs to be done and OVER doing it. I am a rebel. I walk this line often and fall onto both sides, depending on the day.  

I don't like rules. They make me mad. Even if they make complete sense and I agree with them. This is just a part of who I am. I have issues, but we will maybe get to that another day.

Here is something that helps me. Like REALLY helps me. I call it my "Life Rules". I will resist the temptation to rebel again my own rules long enough to tell you about them. 

1) Forgive Yourself
2) Focus on the People and Things You Love Most
3) Be Organized and Disciplined Enough to Accomplish Rule #2.
4) If You have Failed at Rule #2 and #3, Please Refer to Rule #1.

So yes, there are days when I have focused on playing with my 3 Monkeys so much that I hear from upstairs, "MOM! I don't have any clean underware!" But I have also had times when cleaning the UNDERside of my kitchen table (yea, I know. Issues.) so long that Monkey #2 comes to me and says, "Mommy, can you come sit with me?" 

Maybe you were going to get up early to do some editing on your latest screenplay, only to be up late with a Monkey who had a bad dream. It's okay. ALL IS NOT LOST.  Forgive yourself. There is always tomorrow. You can do this. You.Can.Do.This.

All the desires in your heart can be fulfilled. They.Can.Be.Fulfilled.

I will leave you with this great quote...
"Don’t miss a great season of your life wishing you had more, complaining about what you can’t do. The real joy in life is in the simple things".  -Joel Osteen

No comments:

Post a Comment